Our company is well established as one of the leading retailers of DJ & Music Production equipment in the UK. We were founded in 2008 as an online seller. We launched our first store a little over 4 years ago and since then have grown rapidly. Now with a rapidly growing onlien business and 3 super slick stores in cities with vibrant electronic music scenes – Leeds, Bristol and Manchester, it is an exhilarating time for current and future employees to be part of our exciting evolution.
We are looking for someone with an interest in DJ’ing and/or music production to assist in coordinating our dispatch and customer service operations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Use a combination of Microsoft Excel, online shipping applications, and stock control software, to accurately produce picking lists, delivery labels and invoices.
- Handling delivery and customer service related communications.· Ensuring daily shipping manifests are signed and filed correctly.·
- Office management tasks including ensuring office and warehouse is fully resourced with correct supplies.
- Inputting ideas into improving the businesses processes.·
- Regular housekeeping to ensure work areas are clean and tidy.
- General support to other members of staff in the day to day running of the business.
- Communicating with customer by phone and email on a daily basis to resolve delivery and returns issues.
- Preparing daily batches of stock to send to our retail stores.
Qualifications and Skills
- Attention to detail – Must be able to produce shipping labels, picking lists and invoices and be alert to any errors in the process.
- Hardworking – This role on occasions will involve handling large volumes of orders in short time frames. The applicant must be able to handle this without getting flustered.·
- Organisational skills – The role will involve managing multiple tasks so it will be necessary to maintain good electronic filing systems and keep detailed notes on the progress of tasks.·
- Strong web skills. – Must be able to navigate around the internet quickly and working on multiple tasks, whilst remaining focused and without becoming distracted by irrelevant material.·
- Customer Focus – An appreciation of customer service. The ability to put oneself in customers shoes and experience our brand from their perspective.·
- Industry experience – A keen interest in the music equipment sector and ideally from a DJ or electronic music production background.·
- Education – Well educated, ideally to at least graduate level.
- Salary £18,000, rising after 3 months (subject to individual performance)·
- Participation in generous Annual Bonus scheme (subject to company performance after 12 months service)· 28 days Holiday.
- 28 days holiday (including 8 bank holidays) and the option to buy or sell an additional 10 days.
- Generous Staff Discounts
- Fantastic central Leeds location in a very comfortable spacious office
- Complimentary merchandise from music brands including high value software and clothing.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Comprehensive product training provided by the Music Industries leading brands.
- Fantastic staff nights out.
- Cycle To work Scheme.
To apply: CV and covering letter to be sent STRICTLY via this site only. Applications submitted in any other form will not be considered. Application deadline is 5th January 2021.
Expected start date: 31/01/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £18,000.00-£20,000.00 per year
- Bike to work scheme
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Employee discount
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Full risk assessment with customer and staff policies in place.
- Administration/Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Leeds, West Yorkshire (Required)